Following further guidance, unfortunately fishing boat hire and water sports including sailing and windsurfing access will be closed along with our retail shops (excluding cycling) and mini golf courses.
We can confirm that our parks will be remaining open during the current lockdown period for access to the tracks, play parks and nature reserves and we will be providing takeaway services from our cafes.
Bank fishing will be permitted in line with our current covid safe systems and cycle hire will remain open (pre-booking in advance required). We are continually reviewing all guidelines and we will update our website of any relevant changes that occur during the weeks ahead.
Car parking annual passes are available to purchase by calling 01780 686800 between 10:00am & 3:30pm.
Thank you to everyone who has respected the new rules we have put in place since we reopened earlier this year. We would like to remind all visitors to continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines during visits to our parks.
Coronavirus - Current Service Availability from Thursday 5th November
At Rutland Water the following will apply:
- Car parks open (Barnsdale car park closed Mon - Fri)
- Toilets open (Barnsdale toilets closed Mon - Fri)
- Tracks and picnic/BBQ areas open
- Fishing available (Bank fishing only)
- The Beach is closed and will remain closed this year
- The Aquapark closed and will remain closed this year
- Watersports centre, hire & day launches closed
- Mini golf closed
- Waterside Café closed
- Four Foxes Cafes open for takeaway refreshments
- Visitor Centre closed
- Rutland Water Nature Reserve and bird hides will be open
- Anglian Water Birdwatching Centre will be open for permit sales and take away food and drink only 9am-4pm. There will be no access to the viewing gallery
- Lyndon Centre will be closed but access to the reserve will remain open
- Children’s Playgrounds open
- Rutland Cycling open (see website for details)
- Bugtopia the Zoo closed
- Rutland Belle closed (see website for details)
- Due to the current Corona Virus outbreak we are not currently accepting requests for group visits to Rutland Water. We will review this regularly and update of any change.
There is nowhere better than Rutland Water Park to enjoy time in the great outdoors. Whether you are looking for some adrenalin-fuelled fun or a relaxing break from the daily hustle and bustle, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
Set around beautiful Rutland Water and covering 4,200 acres of open countryside, the park offers everything from walking and cycling to fishing and watersports. There is also our fantastic nature reserve, managed by the Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust and home to the Rutland Osprey Project.
Expert or novice, everything you need to make the most of your visit is right here, including cycle hire and expert tuition on boat handling.
And of course, you will also find a choice of places to enjoy a cuppa or a bite to eat.
Explore the wide range of activities on offer…
Where to Eat
Four Foxes Catering
Ideally located at the Normanton, Whitwell, Skyes Lane and Barnsdale car parks, is Four Foxes Catering. Perfect for both those looking to enjoy a bite to eat, Four Foxes Catering offers a great selection of hot and cold snacks.
Harbour Bar Café
Located in Whitwell Creek, Harbour Bar Café provides the perfect setting for lunch, dinner, special occasions or private functions – or simply just for a coffee!
We recommend a visit to this family-friendly restaurant and delving into the delicious food on offer.
The Waterside Café at Normanton
With panoramic views of the water, our stunning waterfront café is the perfect place to enjoy a well-deserved drink or snack as you take time from all of the activities on offer at Rutland Water.
*Parking at the Nature Reserve is for visitors to the Nature Reserve only, all cars must display a valid permit while at the Nature Reserve. For General Access please use our other car parks.
Normanton, Sykes Lane, Whitwell & Barnsdale
Car parks open from 9am daily
(Please note: Barnsdale car park closed end October to end March)
Car park closing times are advertised at car park entrances
No overnight stays in the Car Parks are permitted
1st March to 31st October: 9am to 5pm everyday.
1st November to 28th Feb: 9am to 4pm everyday.
10th March to 9th September only: 9am to 5pm everyday.
For your safety
- Keep young children in sight at all times
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Help us keep Rutland Water green by recycling your waste
- Our tracks have shared access, so please be caring when sharing
- Whether you are walking or cycling, always keep an eye out for uneven ground
- Swim only in designated areas at designated times
- Please keep BBQ's raised off the grass at all times
- Enjoy the site at a relaxing pace and stick to the 10mph speed limits
- No Drones - Drones are not permitted on site for use by visitors
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.