Car Park Closures
Please note, due to essential works being carried out in September the following closures will apply at Rutland Water. Please do not visit these car parks on the below dates as there will be no access
Thursday 24th and Friday 25th
Whitwell car park closed. Please use Sykes Lane or Normanton and avoid the Whitwell area
Sykes Lane car park and dog walking area closed. Please use Whitwell or Normanton and avoid the Sykes Lane area
Coronavirus - Current Service Availability
At Rutland Water the following will apply:
- Car parks open (Barnsdale car park closed Mon - Fri)
- Toilets open (Barnsdale toilets closed Mon - Fri)
- Tracks and picnic/BBQ areas open
- Fishing available. Boats must be booked and paid for in advance.
- The Beach is closed and will remain closed this year
- The Aquapark closed and will remain closed this year
- Watersports open - Hires are first come first served basis, we do not take prior bookings. Reservations for same day hire available from 9:30am in person at the centre reception subject to availability. Please note, we are not hiring out wetsuits and changing rooms are currently closed. Sailing boat and windsurfer hire require prior booking and advance payment, T&C's apply.
- Day launch available
- Mini golf open
- Waterside Café closed (refreshments are available on site)
- Visitor Centre open
- Nature Reserve and bird hides including the Lyndon Osprey Centre open
- Children’s Playgrounds and sandpit open
- Rutland Cycling open (see website for details)
- Bugtopia the Zoo closed
- Rutland Belle open (see website for details)
- Due to the current Corona Virus outbreak we are not currently accepting requests for group visits to Rutland Water. We will review this regularly and update of any change.
There is nowhere better than Rutland Water Park to enjoy time in the great outdoors. Whether you are looking for some adrenalin-fuelled fun or a relaxing break from the daily hustle and bustle, we’ve got what you’re looking for.
Set around beautiful Rutland Water and covering 4,200 acres of open countryside, the park offers everything from walking and cycling to fishing and watersports. There is also our fantastic nature reserve, managed by the Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust and home to the Rutland Osprey Project.
Expert or novice, everything you need to make the most of your visit is right here, including cycle hire and expert tuition on boat handling.
And of course, you will also find a choice of places to enjoy a cuppa or a bite to eat.
Explore the wide range of activities on offer…
Where to Eat
Four Foxes Catering
Ideally located at the Normanton, Whitwell, Skyes Lane and Barnsdale car parks, is Four Foxes Catering. Perfect for both those looking to enjoy a bite to eat, Four Foxes Catering offers a great selection of hot and cold snacks.
Harbour Bar Café
Located in Whitwell Creek, Harbour Bar Café provides the perfect setting for lunch, dinner, special occasions or private functions – or simply just for a coffee!
We recommend a visit to this family-friendly restaurant and delving into the delicious food on offer.
The Waterside Café at Normanton
With panoramic views of the water, our stunning waterfront café is the perfect place to enjoy a well-deserved drink or snack as you take time from all of the activities on offer at Rutland Water.
*Parking at the Nature Reserve is for visitors to the Nature Reserve only, all cars must display a valid permit while at the Nature Reserve. For General Access please use our other car parks.
Normanton, Sykes Lane, Whitwell & Barnsdale
Car parks open from 9am daily
(Please note: Barnsdale car park closed end October to end March)
Car park closing times are advertised at car park entrances
No overnight stays in the Car Parks are permitted
1st March to 31st October: 9am to 5pm everyday.
1st November to 28th Feb: 9am to 4pm everyday.
10th March to 9th September only: 9am to 5pm everyday.
For your safety
- Keep young children in sight at all times
- Keep your dog on a lead
- Help us keep Rutland Water green by recycling your waste
- Our tracks have shared access, so please be caring when sharing
- Whether you are walking or cycling, always keep an eye out for uneven ground
- Swim only in designated areas at designated times
- Please keep BBQ's raised off the grass at all times
- Enjoy the site at a relaxing pace and stick to the 10mph speed limits
- No Drones - Drones are not permitted on site for use by visitors
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.