Alton water camping and caravanning
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING***
In line with UK Government advice, we are very pleased to share with you our plan to reopen Alton Water Campsite from 4 July 2020.
We are planning a phased reopening with a reduced number of pitches available and limited facilities to aid with the social distancing and safety requirements set out by the UK government.
We will constantly review our operations in line with government updates however our priority is the health and safety of our staff, our guests and the local communities.
While we have adapted our operations to aid social distancing, we politely ask all our guests to adhere to government guidance on social distancing during their stay with us.
Please see below our Phase 1 opening operations:
- The site will be open from 4th July 2020 to 31st August 2020 only. Booking for 2021 is now open.
- The site will be limited to self-sufficient units which include own toilet and wash facitlites and a limited number of pitches available. If units arrive and are not self sufficient, you will be turned away with no refund given.
- Bookings of 2 or more pitches will not be pitched together to aid us in practicing social distancing
- Reception will remain closed however bookings can be made online and over the phone and a contact telephone number will be available on arrival where you will be greeted by the wardens
- Wardens will be available to assist customers 24/7
- Alton Water Park itself will be open, however services are limited so please check out the main website page for up to date information www.anglianwaterparks.co.uk/altonwater
Services Currently Unavailable:
- Male & Female toilets, showers and wash block
- Freezer facility
- Super pitches
- Starter packs
Services Available with some restrictions in place:
- Power will be available. Where power is provided, guests will be expected to connect and disconnect themselves
- Drinking water points
- Waste and recycling point
- Chemical and Grey water waste points
- Covered pot wash facility
- Disabled toilet and shower available on request
- Tea room will be offering a limited takeaway service only
- BBQ’s off the ground are permitted
- Fire pits must be off the ground and can only be used with charcoal
On booking you will be asked to confirm you have read and agree to current T&Cs and up to date service availability. Normal cancellation policy will apply to all bookings.
Should government advice change and closure is forced upon us during our opening months, a full refund will be made
Bookings made prior to 15.06.2020 have the option to cancel with a full refund offered
Packed full of incredible outdoor activities, Alton Water is one of the best places for
camping in Suffolk. Wake up to the spectacular view of the sun over the reservoir and spend
the weekend in the great outdoors with your family!
About The Park
Alton Water is the largest water park in Suffolk with over 400 acres of beautiful countryside. With miles of tracks and trails, you can spend hours cycling or walking around the water.
Our campsite sits within the boundaries of the park, a stone’s throw away from our recently refurbished tea room and cycle hire shop. Also a very short walk away is the watersports centre and fun-packed, inflatable Aqua Park.
The site is a level, grassy area with 88 pitches served by electric hook-ups (fee applies). The toilet/shower block has a male and a female section, with 5 showers per section. Additionally, there is a covered area for dish washing and a waste facility at the rear.
Our newly refurbished tea rooms serve hot & cold refreshments, snacks and meals throughout the day if you fancy a break from the camping stove! A large patio area lets you sit and enjoy the Suffolk sunshine. Within easy reach (and sight) of the campsite and tea room is the new children’s play area and sandpit, so the little ones can burn off some of their energy while you relax!
There are a total of 88 caravan and camping pitches, 80 standard and 8 super pitches, with electric hook-ups available and a Suffolk Barn Style facility block with showers, toilet and wash facilities for campers.
Opening & Check-in times
We open from 1st April and the season runs until 30th September.
Check In times are from 2pm - 8pm on day of arrival with a check out time of 12pm on departure day.
The maximum unit size for both Standard and Super pitches is 8x5m (total pitch space is around 10x10m).
What is the difference between a Standard and Super pitch?
Super pitches are situated at the back of the campsite. As such, they are slightly quieter, and are further away from neighbouring tents. Due to the additional space, we can occasionally accommodate units larger than 8x5m, but please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page to confirm before booking.
Bookings are required to cover a minimum of 2 nights.
includes up to: 2 Adults, 3 children, 2 small pets, 1 vehicle
includes up to: 2 Adults, 3 children, 2 small pets, 1 vehicle
* Units exceeding 8 x 5 meters, will require an additional pitch booking.
** Late departures are available up until 4pm subject to availability. Enquire at reception on arrival.
*** To be eligible for the special advance purchase rate, bookings must be made online with your pitch booking. Onsite Day & Hourly hire is available see cycle hire page for details.
See Full Terms & Conditions
How to get here
Our address is:
Alton Water , Holbrook Road, Stutton, IP9 2RY
The access road leads off Holbrook Road (B1080). The tea room and cycle hire shop is off the first right and the campsite is the first left (slightly further up the road). The watersports centre is just around the corner to the right. Once you have turned into the campsite, park on the new arrivals bay on your left. You can
then walk across the road to the visitor centre to be checked in by our friendly team.
The nearest station is Ipswich Manningtree. The 92 bus picks up from outside the station and drops off at Alton Water Holebrook Road (20 mins). The campsite is 0.3 miles away from the bus stop (around 6 minutes walking).
What to do at Alton Water
Things to Do in The Area
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.