Grafham Water Visitor Information
Grafham Water Park is open throughout the year, except on Christmas Day.
Grafham Water Fishing Lodge
Is there somewhere to grab a bite to eat?
Above the fishing lodge, and with a large balcony area offering superb views across Grafham Water, you’ll find the Harbour View Café Bar next to Mander car park.
What about parking and permits?
Grafham Water Park is open every day except Christmas Day. The fishing lodge car park opens at 8am but at all other car parks it’s 9am.
Car park closing times are listed below, they are also displayed in all car parks. Vehicles that remain in the car park after closing time will be locked on site until the following morning.
15th February - Car parks close at 17:00
8th March - Car parks close at 18:00
27th March - Car parks close at 19:00
17th May - Car parks close at 20:00
6th September - Car parks close at 19:00
27th September - Car parks close at 18:00
25th October - Car parks close at 17:00
1st November - Car parks close at 16:00
We have recently introduced a pay on exit barrier controlled car park system at Grafham Water. At the entrance to the car park please take a ticket from the machine and enter the car park. At the end of your visit please place your car park ticket into one of the pay stations conveniently located around the main car parks. You can pay for your length of stay by either card (contactless and chip and pin) or cash. Once paid you can exit the car park.
If you have an existing annual car parking pass please pop into either the Fishing Lodge or Visitor Centre and the staff will be happy to transfer your details onto the barrier controlled system. You will be issued with a subscription card and given the option of providing your vehicle registration details so the ANPR system will recognise your vehicle at entry and exit. At the entrance to the car park please take a ticket from the machine to gain entry, don’t worry you won’t be charged for this.
Disabled parking bays are available in all car parks. Blue badge holders are not exempt from the car park fees.
Car Park Tariffs
(For 12 months access to the following Anglian Water Water Parks; Rutland Water, Alton Water, Grafham Water, Ravensthorpe Reservoir, Taverham Mill or Pitsford Water Park. Can be purchased from the Fishing Lodge at Mander Park or the Visitor Centre at Marlow Park.
Our car parks use ANPR cameras for the safety, security and management of the Car Parks. By using our Car Parks you agree to abide by our T&Cs and Byelaws.
Parking for Motorhomes
Grafham Water has suitable parking for motorhomes. Car parks are fitted with entrance barriers that allow for the additional height of motorhomes, so you won’t have an issue entering and leaving.
- Please observe the car parking charges which are equal for motorhomes
- Please be aware of car park closing times as overnight parking is not permitted
Save money with annual parking permits valid at all of Anglian Water’s Water Parks.
Rutland Water & Grafham Water £50
Pitsford Water and Alton Water £45.
We invest car parking fees back into our Water Parks to help maintain and improve conservation and your enjoyment when you visit.
Annual car parking passes are available from Grafham Water Fishing Lodge and Visitor Centre.
Do you offer access for all?
Yes, we do. Everything at Grafham Water is wheelchair friendly. The Grafham Water Visitor Centre is all on one level and has a disabled toilet accessed with an abloy key.
The Grafham Water Fishing Lodge is on two levels but wheelchair users can access them both, each with its own toilet for disabled users.
What’s more, there’s a wheely boat giving disabled access to the water.
Can children play safely?
There are well-equipped outdoor play areas at the Marlow and Mander car parks, so they’ll be happy for hours. But please make sure they’re supervised at all times.
Can we have a barbecue?
Grafham Water is a great place for a BBQ or picnic. We’ve got stands in both the Mander and Marlow car parks for disposable barbecues.
Or, if you want to bring your own stand-alone, that’s fine too. Just be sure to follow these simple guidelines.
- Make sure smoke doesn’t affect other visitors
- Keep your BBQ away from paths, vegetation, buildings and structures
- BBQs should be raised off the ground and never placed on picnic tables or benches
- Ensure the surface is flat and stable before lighting
- Keep water nearby to cool the BBQ after cooking or to extinguish it should a problem arise
- Never use petrol or paraffin to start or revive your BBQ
- Use only recognised lighters or starter fuels on cold coals
- Gas BBQs are not permitted
- All litter must be taken away or placed in the bins provided
- Hot ashes and disposable BBQs must be sufficiently cooled with water before disposal
Can I bring the dogs?
Grafham Water is great for dogs, so yours are more than welcome. But please follow our dog code.
- Lead by example - your dog must be on a lead at all times.
- Share this space - please make sure your dog doesn't spoil other people's enjoyment
- Keep our parks clean - bag and dispose of your dog's waste responsibly
- No doggy paddling - Please keep dogs out of the water, blue green algae can develop in the margins and is harmful if ingested. The water also provides sanctuary to an abundance of wildfowl, often nesting on the waters edge.
What watersports can I try?
Kayaking, canoeing and sailing are all provided from the Grafham Water Centre and Grafham Water Sailing Club.
For your safety, please contact them in advance to access the water. Open water swimming is not permitted, other than as part of an authorised event.
Telephone: 01480 812154
Address: Grafham Water Visitor Centre, Marlow Park, Grafham, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 0BH.
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.