Grafham Water Visitor Information
Grafham Water Park is open throughout the year, except on Christmas Day.
Grafham Water Fishing Lodge
*Open until 12 noon on Christmas Eve, closed on Christmas Day.
Is there somewhere to grab a bite to eat?
Above the fishing lodge, and with a large balcony area offering superb views across Grafham Water, you’ll find the Harbour View Café Bar next to Mander car park.
What about parking and permits?
Grafham Water Park is open every day except Christmas Day. The fishing lodge car park opens at 8am but at all other car parks it’s 9am.
Car park closing times are displayed at the entrances. Vehicles that remain in the car park after closing time will be locked on site until the following morning.
We operate a pay and display system, with the following charges applying.
- £3.50 at all times
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders and coaches
- Annual pass £45 (available from Grafhm Water Fishing Lodge or Visitor Centre)
Tickets are valid at all main car parks.
Parking for Motorhomes
Grafham Water has suitable parking for motorhomes. Car parks are fitted with entrance barriers that allow for the additional height of motorhomes, so you won’t have an issue entering and leaving.
- Please observe the car parking charges which are equal for motorhomes
- Please be aware of car park closing times as overnight parking is not permitted
Save money with annual parking permits valid at all of Anglian Water’s Water Parks.
Rutland Water £50
Pitsford Water, Grafham Water and Alton Water £45.
We invest car parking fees back into our Water Parks to help maintain and improve conservation and your enjoyment when you visit.
Annual car parking passes are available from Grafham Water Fishing Lodge and Visitor Centre.
Do you offer access for all?
Yes, we do. Everything at Grafham Water is wheelchair friendly. The Grafham Water Visitor Centre is all on one level and has a disabled toilet accessed with an abloy key.
The Grafham Water Fishing Lodge is on two levels but wheelchair users can access them both, each with its own toilet for disabled users.
What’s more, there’s a wheely boat giving disabled access to the water.
Can children play safely?
There are well-equipped outdoor play areas at the Marlow and Mander car parks, so they’ll be happy for hours. But please make sure they’re supervised at all times.
Can we have a barbecue?
Grafham Water is a great place for a BBQ or picnic. We’ve got stands in both the Mander and Marlow car parks for disposable barbecues.
Or, if you want to bring your own stand-alone, that’s fine too. Just be sure to follow these simple guidelines.
- Make sure smoke doesn’t affect other visitors
- Keep your BBQ away from paths, vegetation, buildings and structures
- BBQs should be raised off the ground and never placed on picnic tables or benches
- Ensure the surface is flat and stable before lighting
- Keep water nearby to cool the BBQ after cooking or to extinguish it should a problem arise
- Never use petrol or paraffin to start or revive your BBQ
- Use only recognised lighters or starter fuels on cold coals
- Gas BBQs are not permitted
- All litter must be taken away or placed in the bins provided
- Hot ashes and disposable BBQs must be sufficiently cooled with water before disposal
Can I bring the dogs?
Grafham Water is great for dogs, so yours are more than welcome. But please follow our dog code.
- Lead by example - your dog must be on a lead at all times.
- Share this space - please make sure your dog doesn't spoil other people's enjoyment
- Keep our parks clean - bag and dispose of your dog's waste responsibly
- No doggy paddling - Please keep dogs out of the water, blue green algae can develop in the margins and is harmful if ingested. The water also provides sanctuary to an abundance of wildfowl, often nesting on the waters edge.
What watersports can I try?
Kayaking, canoeing and sailing are all provided from the Grafham Water Centre and Grafham Water Sailing Club.
For your safety, please contact them in advance to access the water. Open water swimming is not permitted, other than as part of an authorised event.