Rutland Trout Fishing
Our internationally recognised trout water offers a fantastic fishing experience for everyone, from experienced anglers to beginners.
You can fish Rutland on day tickets or a season ticket depending on what suits you
What you need to know…
Check out some facts and need-to-know information about trout fishing at Rutland Water:
- The trout fishing season at Rutland Water runs from 13th March to 31st January.
- Fly fishing can take place from both Bank and boat.
- A variety of day ticket options are available, from kill tickets to c&r, covering all ages and abilities.
- Fishing permits are available from tackle shops as well as vendor huts at Normanton car park and next to the RockBlok at Whitwell car park.
- Accompanied children may fish for free within the rules and limits of the permit. Age restrictions apply to boat fishing.
- Need tackle? Stock up at the tackle shop, you’ll also find the Waterfront Café above the lodge if you are in need of refreshment.
Fishing in Rutland
Fishing Prices 2020
Test yourself in competition…
We regularly host national and international fly fishing competitions which provide a fantastic opportunity to test your knowledge and skills. Non-competitors are invited to watch the excitement of the weigh-in (usually around 18:00) at the fishing lodge.
If competition isn’t your thing, don’t worry; there are still plenty of places you can fish in peace and quiet even during competitions.
Hooked! fishing guide…
Our annual guide is published and circulated within subscription copies of the April edition of Total Flyfisher. Copies are also available at our fishing lodges or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Season Permits 2020
1–4. Fishery day limit plus catch & release. Valid from opening dates to 31 January.
3. Valid for competition fishing.
4. Pleasure fishing ticket only (not permitted to be used with fishing competitions).
5 . Maximum 2 seasons following AWS course. No junior reduction. Valid 8 months pro rata
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.