Book and pay for your boat and permit. Evening boats cannot be booked in advance and can only be booked on the day subject to availability. You cannot mix Trout and Predator fishing in the same boat. When selecting boat quantity, this selects the number of boats you would like to book for the same day.
Rutland Trout Fishing
Our internationally recognised trout water offers a fantastic fishing experience for everyone, from experienced anglers to beginners.
You can fish Rutland on a day ticket or a season ticket depending on what suits you.
What you need to know
Check out some facts and need-to-know information about trout fishing at Rutland Water:
- The trout fishing season at Rutland Water runs from 8 March 2024 - 31 January 2025
- Fly fishing can take place from both bank and boat
- A variety of day ticket options are available, from kill tickets to C&R, covering all ages and abilities
- Fishing permits are available from the tackle shop as well as vendor huts at Normanton and Whitwell car parks
- Accompanied children can fish for free within the rules and limits of the permit. Age restrictions apply to boat fishing
- Need tackle? Stock up at the tackle shop, you’ll also find the Waterside Café above the lodge if you are in need of refreshment
- We hold multiple fishing competitions every year across our waters, please click the following link to see 2023's competition calendar https://anglianwaterparks.co.uk/fishing/competitions
Fishing at Rutland
Fishing Prices 2023
Season Permits 2023
1–4. Fishery day limit plus catch & release. Valid from opening dates to 31 January.
3. Valid for competition fishing.
4. Pleasure fishing ticket only (not permitted to be used with fishing competitions).
5 . Maximum 2 seasons following AWS course. No junior reduction. Valid 8 months pro rata
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.
Submit your Catch Return here ⇢