Hollowell Visitor Information
Hollowell Reservoir is packed with things to do, from watching the seasonal wildlife that lives in the reserve, to taking in the stunning surroundings on a seasonal walk, we have all the elements for a great day out.
Just some of the activities you can do on your visit to Hollowell Reservoir Nature Reserve include:
- Bird watching
Parking and Access
Access to Hollowell Reservoir Nature Reserve is available for permit holders only. To enjoy the peace and tranquility of the site for either walking, birdwatching, fishing or sailing a permit is required.
For sailing club membership please contact Hollowell Sailing Club - Click here
To purchase a Hollowell Reservoir Nature Reserve permit for birdwatching or walking, or to purchase a fishing permit please contact Pitsford Water Fishing Lodge on 01604 781350
A few rules to remember…
We want you to have fun when visiting us and have come up with some park rules to keep everyone safe and happy.
- Swimming is not permitted in the reservoir. With the water varying in depths, slippery banks and hidden hazards such as pipework and weeds, swimming in our reservoir can be dangerous.
Please follow our dog code:
- Lead by example - your dog must be on a lead at all times.
- Share this space - please make sure your dog doesn't spoil other people's enjoyment
- Keep our parks clean - bag and dispose of your dog's waste responsibly
- No doggy paddling - Please keep dogs out of the water, blue green algae can develop in the margins and is harmful if ingested. The water also provides sanctuary to an abundance of wildfowl, often nesting on the waters edge.
Food & drink
All that walking, birdwatching and sailing can work up quite the appetite, so why not support the local area and visit one of the pubs located in and around Hollowell for a hearty meal.
Members of the Hollowell Sailing Club can also visit the club’s full licensed bar.
Our water parks not only bring vital water resources for the region, but they also provide a fantastic day out for all the family.
Whether you're looking for an action-packed day on the water, a spot of fishing to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life, or simply want to enjoy a relaxing walk in beautiful surroundings, look no further than our fabulous water parks.