Alton Water Coarse Fishing
Alton has over the years matured into a picturesque tree lined water with numerous bays and deep open areas making for one of the prettiest venues to visit whilst taking in the views and wildlife as well as testing your angling skills.
In recent years the venue has become known for offering some of the best roach fishing available to both match and specimen anglers alike with 2 pound plus specimens being the targeted fish and large bream shoals still present at the venue.
More recently a number of Mirror carp have been stocked into Alton and night fishing is available under the season ticket. With future stocking programs scheduled along with the assistance of the Environment agency in creating a sustainable fishery of the future will are looking to offer a challenging venue for the dedicated angler to enjoy whilst taking in the magical views on offer.
What you need to know
- Children go free - juniors under the age of 18 (accompanied by an adult permit holder) can fish for free within the rules and limits shown on the adult permit.
- All anglers must be in possession of a valid Anglian Water fishing permit and a current Environment Agency Fishing Licence.
- Day Permits are available from Alton Water Visitor Centre; Breakaway Tackle; Markhams Fishing tackle; Birds Tackle; Copdock Mill; Viscount Tackle and Alton Sailing Centre.
Fishing prices 2018
For the safety of the fish
We want you to get the most out of your visit, but we also want to ensure our fish are treated with respect. When in possession of a predator permit you must abide by the following rules:
- Dead sea baits only
- Landing nets and unhooking mats are required
- No live baiting
- Wire traces to be used when fishing for pike, zander and perch